CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 26, 2009

When the Fun is Over

When I started coupon shopping I was having a blast! Finding deal after deal. I was shell shocked. I couldn't believe how cheap I could get stuff. I'm talking stuff I had been buying my entire adult life. Every week, sometimes several times a week, I was hitting Walgreen's and Food Lion. Coming out with bags and bags of stuff for nearly nothing! Shampoo $3.50 Nope! I paid .50! Toothpaste $4.00 Nope! I paid .25! The same thing with every other thing we used or ate!

Then it happened.

I came home with a "haul" and could hardly get it put away. Every available storage spot in my house, full. What this can't be. How many shampoo's do I have. 86? Oops can't buy any of those for a long time. Toothpaste? 35? Oops again. Can't buy any of those either. My fun I felt, was coming to a screeching halt. I could no longer justify paying ANYTHING, for a lot of things. .50 feels like a FORTUNE for a deodorant, when you've got 50 at home.

I had to find a new way to get my kicks. I mean I couldn't give up coupon shopping all together. But the whole reason I started using them to begin with was to save money. Saving money as in "Wow look at the account balance. We're rich!" kind of saving.

So, a list was born. A list of no no's, and it was long. A mound of things I could only bring home if I got them FREE. Not a nickle, or a quarter, or a dime. But FREE.

Here's my list:
(I add to this each time I shop and stockpile an item.)

Shampoo
Conditioner
Razors (I can't resist some of these, I will admit)
Shaving Cream
Deodorants
Hair Spray
Mousse
Body Washes
Bar Soap
Maxi Pads
Pantyliners
Toilet Paper
Toothpaste
Toothbrushes
Floss
Mouth Wash
Dish Soap
Dishwasher Tabs
Reynolds Wrap
Zip Locks
Trash Bags
Laundry Soap
Dryer Sheets
Spray Cleaners
Toilet Bowl Cleaners
Lysol Wipes
Air Fresheners
Kitchen Sponges
Cereal
Rice
Peanut Butter
Sliced Cheese
Hot Sauce
Frozen Pizzas
Jelly
Hamburger Helpers
Instant Potatoes
Paper Towels
Napkins
Tea Bags
Kool Aid
Hot Dogs (Just added after Tuesdays shop)
Pop Tarts
Cool Whip

This is of course a revolving list. When we start to get low on an item, it's bumped off the list.

0 comments: