CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 23, 2009

Coupons vs Generic.

One of the first things I hear when I encourage someone to use coupons is " It's cheaper to buy generic." Before I became an avid coupon shopper I always shopped at Save A Lot and bought ONLY generic. Was I saving money. Yes! Was I saving as much as possible. NO WAY! Buying generics versus buying name brand without coupons IS cheaper. Now it would cost me twice as much to buy the off brand!

Pre-coupons I bought knock off brand cereals for $1.49 each. I now have 38 boxes I paid .40 each for and their all General Mills or Kellogg's!

I have a cabinet full of razors. Not one razor is generic. Every one, full price would cost at least $9.00. There are brands in there I never knew existed! Just tonight I went to Walgreen's and bought 4 razors that where on sale for $8.99 each. I paid .99! I saved $32! Last month I "bought" my husband 8 Gillette Fusion razors and MADE $1.00 on each one. The store PAID me to take them!



Are coupons better than buying generic? You decide.

0 comments: